Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e). Pour pouvoir écrire ou répondre à un message, vous devez vous connecter ou vous créer un compte sur JAWA.

#1 25-09-2023 22:06:05

SchillerJ
Membre

Questions regarding Browsers ✓

Hello,

I noticed differences when launching the game in different browsers. F.ex. Chrome produced weird bugs while Firefox worked just fine. Is that normal and what can you recommend regarding Browser Selection?

#2 26-09-2023 07:44:34

SchillerJ
Membre

Re : Questions regarding Browsers ✓

Or are there times where the server capacity is lowered? Yesterday Night (between around 21:30 and 24:00 o'clock) I recognized super long loading times (regarding the editor) and quite some bugs that seemed to be caused by variables not loading probably. Maybe It was just my local Network. But it really seemed like the servers were super busy or something.

#3 26-09-2023 18:55:21

jawa
Admin

Re : Questions regarding Browsers ✓

hello again

JAWA engine and editor's preferred/reference browsers are the blink engine based browsers : chrome, edge, brave, opera...
The game engine should be also compatible with gecko (firefox) and webkit (safari) browsers, in modern (<1 year) versions.

There may be some minor differences between the rendering engines, such as font sizes, margins.... 1 or 2 pixels but sometime it's enough to trigger a big visual bug.

If you encounter differences or bugs on a specific browse, the most probable cause is that this browser cached a previous version of the game content or a previous unfixed version of the JAWA engine. So the first thing to do is to fully (deep) empty the cache for the JAWA's site (or the site hosting your game) including cache files and the website local storage. (CTRL + SHIFT + SUPPR on windows). And verify if your browser is up to date.

And yes, sometimes, the server gets very busy, sometime it's because of the payload of the server (many simultaneous users), sometimes I don't know why (could be our host).

Pied de page des forums